Core Hemp started off during my travels in Nepal in 2012.
I was living in a rented room from a woman called Gita for a few months. As we spoke day after day, I realized what a resilient and genuine person she remained despite her tragic life story. She never gave up, and instead she made it her mission to help other women in the villages, who are still in abusive situations, being exploited or like her, only managing to cover the basic needs.
In my multiple trips back to Nepal, her good nature always prevailed and that is why I developed the ‘Dream Catcher Nepali Foundation’ with Gita. Through it, vulnerable women get the opportunity to earn a fair income, exchange skills and empower each other as well as take pride in creating environmentally-friendly products.
Core Hemp was developed to build a bridge between these women and our customers.
To allow the opportunity for this collaboration to take place – to impact each other’s lives in such a wonderful way.
Core Hemp Founder
Hemp, hemp and more hemp!
Why? Because hemp is one of the most sustainable fabrics in the world.
• Hemp requires less water than other plants to grow
• Does not require the use of pesticides
• Is a strong, durable fabric that lasts long.
What does that mean?
More water, less pesticides and less trash.
Three huge factors which make hemp eco-friendly.
- That through Core hemp, all our workers in Nepal can be able to live a good life – one that allows them to chase their dreams, one that gives them the opportunity to live the best version of themselves.
- To give our customers the opportunity to reduce the impact on the environment through their purchases, and to improve the impact on the Nepali workers’ lives.
- To inspire other brands to choose sustainable materials for their products, and to care for their workers and always treat them with love and respect.
- To provide affordable fashion without the environment or the people behind it suffering.
- We believe the people who make our bags are as important as the people who get to wear them.
- We believe style, sustainability and affordability can co-exist.
- We believe we have the power to impact things.
Core Hemp is an eco-conscious and natural materials awareness company.
We specialize in bringing Quality Hemp products into everyday use while supporting the use of natural, biodegradable and ecological fibers.
All of our products are designed and customized by David W in the USA, who works elbow to elbow with the artisans in Nepal.
Our story starts in the villages of Nepal high in the Himalayas in 2012. David, who is also Core Hemp’s founder, was travelling in Nepal when he learnt about raw hemp and its fibrous qualities when transformed into wearable clothing and bags.
Hemp is known through history for its many uses like:
• Health supplements
• Building materials
The history of hemp in America goes back to the colonial times. Back then it was grown for the creation of sail and ropes for the British ships. In recent history there has been a lull in the usage of hemp due to legal problems. However in recent years cannabis and hemp have been gaining popularity and usage once again in America.
Here at Core Hemp we are happy and excited to be a part of the Hemp revival. We work sustainable with local entrepreneurial women in Nepal and it is equally important for us to design the best handcrafted products while creating a safe and profitable work space for our Nepalis friends and business partners.
Our mission is to bring hemp into popularity through clothing, health and alternative building materials.
We thank you for your support and hope you are just as excited for this beautiful gift called hemp.